Re: sendmail

On 1/14/07, Ahmed Mohamed <ajmoham gmail com> wrote:
I have a problem with sendmail. I am setting up a mail server at home and
I am using Fedora 6 with sendmail  version sendmail-8.13.8-2. I succeeded
receiving mail from
outside but I am unable to send outside mail (SMTP problem?). The following
is the output generated
by the mail log daemon:

Chances are good that your ISP is filtering traffic outbound on 25/TCP
to servers other than their own.  You may have to configure sendmail
to use your ISP's mail servers as a "smart host".

--
Jeremy L. Gaddis, MCP, GCWN
http://www.linuxwiz.net/