Re: sendmail

Thanks Jeremy L. Gaddis and all.

I was suspecting all along that the problem might be with outbound port 25
blocked but I was not completely sure. To get around the problem, I have
since tried other ports like cyrus2 587. In addition, I configurered
SMART_HOST with  (`smtp.broadband.rogers.com')dnl   (I am not sure if it is
correct the
one - Rogers folks would'nt tell you). No luck.

By the way, does anyone know of CANADIAN ISP provider that allow
port-forwarding
like mail, http, and the like. Your suggestions are welcome.

On 1/15/07, Gaddis, Jeremy L. <jeremy linuxwiz net> wrote:

On 1/14/07, Ahmed Mohamed <ajmoham gmail com> wrote:
> I have a problem with sendmail. I am setting up a mail server at home
and
> I am using Fedora 6 with sendmail  version sendmail-8.13.8-2. I
succeeded
> receiving mail from
> outside but I am unable to send outside mail (SMTP problem?). The
following
> is the output generated
> by the mail log daemon:

Chances are good that your ISP is filtering traffic outbound on 25/TCP
to servers other than their own.  You may have to configure sendmail
to use your ISP's mail servers as a "smart host".

--
Jeremy L. Gaddis, MCP, GCWN
http://www.linuxwiz.net/