sendmail (Junk Mail)

Robert Canary rwcanary at ocdirect.net
Tue Jan 23 03:41:28 UTC 2007

I did finally get the spamassassin going, however, it looks somewhat
useless to me.  It seems all it dose is tag email on the subject line
with the word SPAM.  We already know its spam we don't need it to tell
us that, we need it to drop it in a black hole.

Especially when using a fake email in the from header.  I tried testing
it from the telnet prompt and manually feed bogus mail headers.
Ironically sendmail took both the to and from bogus headers.  Sendmail
did kick it out if I used a bogus domain.

How do you tell sendmail not to except connections for bogus incoming
email.  I would have sendmail.org would have thought of this the same
way they did of requiring a valid domain name.