sendmail (Junk Mail)

Lord of Gore lordofgore at logsoftgrup.ro
Tue Jan 23 11:15:25 UTC 2007

Robert Canary wrote:
> I did finally get the spamassassin going, however, it looks somewhat
> useless to me.  It seems all it dose is tag email on the subject line
> with the word SPAM.  We already know its spam we don't need it to tell
> us that, we need it to drop it in a black hole.
As Mike specified earlier in this thread it is not spamassassin who will
drop spam but the milter software based on the score given by
spamassassin. You should check it's configuration for such options. I
use qmail with qmail-scanner, and spamassassin and qmail-scanner drops a
lot of spams every day. Every week or so I get *1* spam that has a score
low enough to escape this setup and gets in my mail. If the milter
software you installed doesn't have the option you should try something
else but I doubt it is the case.
Anyway, I haven't heard if you tried to set up SPF. Don't know how easy
is to have it working with sendmail (on qmail I just have to apply a
patch before compiling it) but I think it's a great tool that isn't
spread as much as it should be and should address your problem at the
"root of the evil :)".