Email IP Address

Lord of Gore lordofgore at logsoftgrup.ro
Wed Jan 24 16:43:48 UTC 2007

Amit Mohan wrote:
> I read your response and while I agree somewhat with your views I beg
> to differ in many of your other views. What's the basic purpose of
> this listserv is ?
The purpose isn't spoon feeding, question guessing and improving time to
delete emails for sure.
> In my opinion it is to help folks who can't solve a particular problem
> and need some guidance.
The only time you are right in this e-mail. These folks can't get help
sooner because somebody asks silly questions.
> Just because their communication
> skills are not as good as yours it doesn't mean you can take whole
> day's worth of your own grouchiness
yeah, right. you are really insightful. You are a few thousand miles
away and yet you found out why I send these mean e-mails. I think that's
why they call you mr FixIt. It's like you know me inside out. Brrrr.
Of course stupid people like me would call it "Progress through
Criticism" but there is a reason why people like you exist and that is
to include us in their patterns.
> on the poor person. Not everyone
> in the world speak English but they still can have valid questions and
> problems.
And what might those be? What is the e-mail address of an e-mail? While
at it let's call my grandma and let her share with you a few cooking
recipes. You with your infinite consideration and respect could find out
when to mix hashed pork meat with rice spaghetti and what the final
product might be called.

> Maybe you know more than everyone else on this listserv
I'm sure I don't.
> but if you wanted you could have used that knowledge and immediately
> understood
> what was the question all about?
The question had two possible answers. I pinpointed them in my first
reply. If you would have bothered to check that mail (not to say that
you didn't read carefully my last post) you'd find out what might those be.
> But instead you chose to challenge the question. Maybe with
> knowledge/authority there is some arrogance associated
> always ?
No there isn't. The only things associated with my knowledge/authority
are poor outside MAN bandwidth, big internet connection bill (thing that
you probably don't pay) and black pouches under my eyes that got there
by searching google to document my questions and reading those documents
before asking stupid things.
And if we are at the psychology part maybe you will allow me to share
with you the fact that you feel so wronged about my e-mail probably
because you associated with it some identical habits of your own?
Laziness, not willing to read and instead wanting an solution from
somebody else, never willing to assume responsibilities? The perfect
description for the manager...
Anyway this is my last reply on this thread. If you can't understand
that we are wasting a lot of bandwidth and resources - and this is
probably because your mama didn't bought redhat's servers - I can't
really do anything more for you in this matter.
And one more thing about the waste: do you know how many sites are
mirroring redhat's archive? Find that out and multiply 10MB with that
number.

P.S. and please let the psychology and philosophy to someone who
understands them.
> Amit
>
> Lord of Gore wrote:
>> Burke, Thomas G. wrote: