Re: RHEL4 has no kernel-source rpm?????

Robert Canary wrote:
I donwloaded the strongswan and was attempting build the rpm file from the bz2 file. rpmbuild -tb strongswan.bz2

However, the build is looking for the kernel build files. I did a scan for the kernel-source (rpm -qa | egrep"kernel") but is wasn't installed. I did a "up2date kernel-source" on my RHEL4.1 and dosen't exist.

Were dose one get the kernel-source for the RHEL4 kernels if one needs to recompile it and repackage it?

There is no kernel source RPM any more. To build things you need kernel-headers and kernel-devel.

--
robert

--
Stephen Carville <stephen totalflood com>
Unix and Network Admin