Fedora 6 Advice

Waleed Harbi waleed.harbi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 15:04:34 UTC 2007

Good Morning Derek,
If you are small company i recommend you use RHEL ES, you will have good
support from Red Hat

http://www.redhat.com/support/service/sla/rhel4.html

I am using Fedora 6&5,and they are very powerful and if you have good people
red hat engineers why not use FC6 :)

In finally it deepens on your budget, RHEL ES best solution for you in my
opinion

I recommend you use EXIM  as a mail server, and Apache for web server

This is what i have and i wish it help you.

On 1/25/07, Derek Manson <dmanson at avotive.com> wrote:

> Good morning everyone,
>
> I am seeking some advice on how to move forward with our plans to
> integrate Fedora 6 into our network. We are a small town ISP currently
> running in an all Windows network. Moving into this new year we are
> discovering that our costs to run this type of network is getting very
> costly. We are looking to move our entire services to Linux and preferably
> Fedora. I have done a bit here and there with Fedora 5 and 6, however, not
> to this large of scale. My question is how and where should I be looking
> to get a really good understanding of how to operate in Fedora 6? We are
> needing to setup a Fedora an email and web solution rather soon. I have
> read a number of tutorials, forums and even some published books, I just
> need a bit more. Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks.
> Derek M.

:. Best Wishes