Fedora 6 Advice

katsumi liquer katsumi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 15:20:12 UTC 2007

I am sure I am going to get a large, heavy rock thrown at me --- but --- in
some cases, I have found Ubuntu 6.06 Server to be an extremely solid and
very straightforward 'drop-in' server for certain types of roles;
www/ftp/smtp/mysql for example are incredibly easy to install, and the
documentation at the moment is very good. Hardware support is quite good,
and the installer is very intelligent. Their are cases where I think
CentOS/RHEL is better, but I have been let down by the redhat architecture a
few times lately.

katsu