Re: Simple bash problem.

On 1/28/07, inode0 <inode0 gmail com> wrote:
On 1/28/07, Simon Ashford <Simon Ashford npl co uk> wrote:

> Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> Unfortunately it made no difference putting #!/bin/bash...
>
> This works on every other system I've tried.

I just tested on RHEL3 and RHEL4 here. Worked as I guess you would
expect on RHEL4 but on RHEL3 the SIGQUIT was ignored. Looking in the
manpage I'm not sure I understand why it isn't being ignored in
RHEL4?!

Adding a "trap -p" to the script shows that none of the signals are
being trapped on RHEL3 by this script. Curious.

John