Re: Simple bash problem.

On 29Jan2007 13:07, Miskell, Craig <Craig Miskell agresearch co nz> wrote:
| I'm not 100% sure, but I think it might be because of the #! Line.  Bash
| might be seeing that you've invoked with "/bin/sh", and is deciding to
| operate in limited POSIX shell mode (sorry, the exact terminology for
| that escapes me).  Try #!/bin/bash and see how that goes,

Shell functions are supported in POSIX mode.
--
Cameron Simpson <cs zip com au> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

"But of course my dear," I'd meant to say, "allow me to whisk you off
on my gleaming steed for a day of unparalleled wonders and delights."
But we both know it came out grudgingly along the lines of "Yeah
awright, who's gonna babysit?"  - John Rooth, _Two Wheels_ Nov96