Setting up Email Server on RedHat Enterprise

James Marcinek jmarc1 at jemconsult.biz
Wed Jan 31 19:03:36 UTC 2007

I actually evaluated both and actually started looking at Scalix first. I do like Scalix's GUI installer. However it does not come with antivirus or spamassassin. In addition you have to also have the pre-requisite packages (apache, postfix, etc). I spent the better part of a day installing and uninstalling both. I could not get spamassassin or the anitivirus working with the Scalix. Zimbra bundles it all together and configures it with no pain or fuss. With that said I also think going that route would be easier than putting it all together yourself. It was actually a tough call but in the end the Zimbra was what I went with.