Re: Change filenames recursively

>Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 15:57:30 -0500
>From: "Matthew Anderson" <manderson ETC1 net>
>
>I have hundreds of files that start with a * (asterisk)
> for the filename.  I am needing to change the asterisk in
> every file to a _ (underscore).  Does Anyone know what
> command I can use to recursively do that?  I appreciate
>any help anyone can provide me.

*sigh*
Who's *really* screwed up script did *that*?

The first thing you need to do is FIX THE IDIOT SCRIPT that's creating files like that.

The next thing you need to do is escape the asterisk: \*.

Finally, learn shell or perl programming, and read about the find command.

   mark "am getting paid to write scripts at work"