PHP 4 - R.I.P.

alan alan at clueserver.org
Mon Jul 16 16:15:38 UTC 2007

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007, Ray Van Dolson wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 09:08:07AM -0700, alan wrote:
>> On Mon, 16 Jul 2007, mbneto wrote:
>>
>>> Davis,
>>>
>>> If you are talking about centos you have two things to consider:
>>> a) RHES/Centos 5 already comes with php 5.
>>> b) RHES/Centos 4 does not and will not have due to the way things are
>>> planned.   Since PHP5 has some issues with backward compatibility they will
>>> not replace the package.
>>
>> It is available for CentOS 4.x in the CentOS Plus repository. (Look in the
>> main CentOS yum config in /etc/yum.repos.d/ to enable it.)
>
> Also it is available in the Red Hat Web Application stack:
>
>  http://www.redhat.com/appstack/
>
> And there is also a "Beta" channel which I believe is available with a
> normal entitlement?
>
> I see PHP 5.1.2 there.

You might also want to check if there are any bindings to MySQL 5.x as
well.  I seem to remember having to upgrade both.  (Not a big deal.  Helps
if you read the upgrade docs. "dumpmsql --all" is your friend.)

--
"ANSI C says access to the padding fields of a struct is undefined.
ANSI C also says that struct assignment is a memcpy. Therefore struct