Re: question - nls_agent

On 7/2/07, James R. Jones <bnjrj uaf edu> wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to use the old veritas nls_agent with redhat v5 to backup
the system.  However, when I turn on the firewall that comes with redhat
v5 the software does not connect.  Obviously when the firewall is turned
off it works fine.  I thought the port that the software used was
10000.  However, but when I open up the tcp and udp port 10000 it still
does not work.  Does anyone have any experience with product and what
ports need to be opened?

jim

--
James Jones
System Manager

You can do.. lsof -i tcp for a list of all processes with a TCP session open
(listening, connected, etc…) or if you want a certain port, do lsof -i
port-number, here is a example.

root:box:~# lsof -i :25
COMMAND PID USER FD TYPE DEVICE SIZE NODE NAME
exim 2979 root 0u IPv4 90410 TCP *:smtp (LISTEN)
root:box:~#

--
Romeo Theriault
System Administrator