SAN setup - multiple machines

Nilesh Bansal nileshbansal at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 13:15:06 UTC 2007

On 7/4/07, Ali, Saqib <docbook.xml at gmail.com> wrote:
> > read-only mode. The problem with NFS is that (I think) it is slow.

Thanks for your reply. The main concern I have about NFS is how it
manages caches (I was not able to find any good documentation). If I
read some data on the client and then read the same data again, will
the client make network connection both the times to the server.
Network transfer is required in both the cases to check if data has
changed or not, adding the round trip time to the service time of
second request. In case of locally attached storage, second request
will be served from page cache in main memory.

Any ideas about FS-Cache. Will that solve the problem?

thanks
Nilesh

--
Nilesh Bansal.