sendmail and maildir format ???

sylvan dacounha sylvan_2804 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 5 19:37:28 UTC 2007

Thanks a lot guy for the quick reply..

  sendmail by default does not support maildir format ..
  but procmail does support ..

  but i like to know how do i let sendmail use procmail as the LDA ....

  i see that there is only a file in /usr/bin/procmail

  but no procmail.conf file in /etc or .procmailrc

  appreciet if u can let me know how to setup sendmail to use procmail as LDA .. with so exmaples

  or do i have to download procmail from net and install it since i already see a procmail executable in /usr/bin

  appreciate your help

  im user redhat enterprise 4 with sendmail 8.13

  thnks and apprecite

  Rgerads

  simon

"Gaddis, Jeremy L." <jlgaddis at ivytech.edu> wrote:
  I don't recall if sendmail itself supports maildir or not, but the way I
always did this was to have sendmail use procmail as its delivery agent,
then have procmail deliver to the user maildir.

HTH,

--
Jeremy L. Gaddis
Network Administrator