Linux kernel 2.4.21-47.ELsmp - does it support the full feature of Intel Dual Core Architecture.

Bordalo Fred Fred.Bordalo at comverse.com
Mon Jul 9 22:05:17 UTC 2007

Hi,

Does Red Hat Linux Kernel 2.4.21-47-ELsml support Intel Dual Core
Architecture? I installed Red Hat AS3 Update 8 on 2 different PCs and
the performance isn't that much different. The first PC has 2 Xeon Chips
@ 2GHz with Hyperthreading enabled and 2G of memory. The second has 2
Dual Core Xeon Chips @ 1.86GHz and 2G of memory also.

What is the lowest version of the kernel that support the new chip set?

Looking at the literature, I see AS4 with 2.6.X kernel has some hardware
with Dual Core certified. I didn't find that I recognized under AS3.

Thanks in advance,
Fred