I must be dense....

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Fri Jul 20 21:36:34 UTC 2007

Folks,

   Lessee, first, I said thirty-two megs of RAM, not 320M, or 1.2G....

   Second, I'm running 9, because it still uses the 2.4 kernel, while the 2.6 kernel included scheduling optimizations for SMP, and I saw some notes suggesting that it would actually slow down a plain vanilla CPU.

   Third, yeah, I've mentioned this box before: no compiler, no X.

   Fourth, I'm still looking for clues with CUPS and my parallel port printer....

       mark "it's a freakin' firewall/router/printserver -
               why would I need a 36-core 500THZ CPU w/
               380 petabytes of RAM...?" <g>