Re: A question about heap size

Tommy chen wrote:

In our program, a huge heap (above 10GB) is needed. On our X86-64 platform,
hardware provides this capability. But the program was shutdown, while it
malloc about 3GB from the heap. Who tell us what is the upper limitation for
gcc and red hat linux about its heap size? and how to reach this limitation?

19G of heap?! My reaction is that, unless you're modeling the Earth's weather, there's something *seriously* wrong with your programmers, and that program needs major redesign.

	mark "or rewrite it in C"