Re: Help with Commands

Andrew Bridgeman corusgroup com wrote:

Network card errors.
'ifconfig' can give you some info on the system, but you could also look at the router for errors.
Networker card traffic.
'tcpdump' or 'ethereal'

Processes taking up all  or allot of cpu.
CPU - Temperature issues.
CPU Usage.
I use the sysstat utilities.  Here's a tutorial that I find valuable.
http://perso.orange.fr/sebastien.godard/tutorial.html

Load Average.
'uptime' will include the load avg.

Memory usage.
'free'

Any other commands you think are relevant would be great too.

I really like sysstat. It takes a little time to learn to interpret, but it gives you a no-frills look at your system.

You may also use 'top' for process info.

--
veritatas simplex oratio est
		-Seneca

Andrew Bacchi