Deny directory listing on vsftpd anonymous upload

Nikkilä Tommi tommi.nikkila at wmdata.fi
Tue Jul 24 10:36:24 UTC 2007

You are absolutely right, this works.

Only the thing is, in this case, the users must be able to see the upload directory when (s)he logs into the server (that is to get a directory listing. Why? Well, let's face it: they are ... users). If I use the dir_list=no option, (s)he can't see the initial directory listing and I get a lot of complaints.

Only thing I came up with is to chmod the upload directory to deny the read rights. I guess what I'm looking for is a bit out of the scope for vsftpd (or for any ftp daemon).

--
Tommi Nikkilä