2.6.9-55.ELsmp EDAC Errors

Troy Knabe knabe at 4j.lane.edu
Wed Jul 25 19:16:45 UTC 2007

I got these on Sun x4100's with Opteron 280 and 285 procs.  I did not
get them with 4.4 (42 version of the kernel), but did with 4.5 (55
version of the kernel).  I found that Sun had a firmware patch that was
required to work with the new 4.5 version of Red Hat.  You might check
with your hardware vendor.  After applying the patch, I have received no
more of the errors, and they were happening constantly before the
firmware upgrade.

Hope this helps.

-Troy