The SMBMOUNT plot thickens

Kozakoff,Stephen J kozaksj at ufl.edu
Thu Jul 26 14:40:14 UTC 2007

Couple other things to consider:

Try specifying a domain with the username.

<domain>\\username or in fstab domain=<domain>

domain =  domain name or computer name if you are not part of a domain

Unless you need some specific "cifs" functionality you could try using
"smbfs". I am using smbfs, but, there are some limitations, i.e., cannot
transfer a file larger than 2GB, etc...

Can you try setting permissions to 777 just to see if it would work? All
of our mounts are set to 777 and permissions to the files are managed
via windows acls.

BTW - I *think* the differences between the terms "(always), (if
possible), (if server agrees)" are probably due to different windows
versions/service packs.

-Steve