-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces redhat com
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Darrel Barton
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 2:56 PM
To: redhat-list redhat com
Subject: The SMBMOUNT plot thickens

OK  - all suggestions taken and implemented.
Keep in mind (this is for Steve) I don't even HAVE the exact same
prompts
that you have.
Where YOU have
Microsoft network client - digitally sign communications (always) & (if
server agrees)
I have
network client - digitally sign communications (always) & (if possible)

=-=-=-=
Not that big a deal ... but the fact that differences like that exist
-for
no real reason- just frosts my windshield
=-=-=-=
Anyway .....

Double verified permissions and enabled all the logging and here's what
I get:

Event viewer shows a successful logon by my mount.cifs client
Event viewer shows a successful open of the target directory

Event viewer shows a successful READ of the target file .....  EVEN
THOUGH
LINUX gives me a "permission denied" error.
Samba logs on Linux show successful mount.   Nothing else.

At 09:00 AM 7/25/2007, you wrote:

>Message: 7
>Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 09:20:41 -0400
>From: "Kozakoff,Stephen J" <kozaksj ufl edu>
>Subject: RE: SMBmount conspiracy
>To: "General Red Hat Linux discussion list" <redhat-list redhat com>
<D874258078AB854EAAD78C0F2196B9381A7EB4 ITC-BEXCH-VS1 ad ufl edu>