Licensing question

Bill Tangren bjt at usno.navy.mil
Wed Jun 6 18:15:23 UTC 2007

McDougall, Marshall (FSH) wrote:

> [...]

Not true.

5.1 Reporting. Client will notify Red Hat (or the Business Partner from whom
Client purchased Software or Services) promptly if the actual number of Units of
Software or Services utilized by Client exceeds the number of Units for which
Client has paid the applicable Fees. In its notice, Client will include the
number of additional Units and the date(s) on which such Units were first
utilized. Red Hat (or the Business Partner) will invoice Client for the
applicable Services for such Units and Client will pay for such Services no
later than thirty (30) days from the date of the invoice.
---
As I read it, if you put RHEL on a box, I need a subscription for it.

YMMV.