How do you get your RHEL CDs?

Ali, Saqib docbook.xml at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 02:47:21 UTC 2007

On 6/23/07, Furnish, Trever G <TGFurnish at herffjones.com> wrote:
> Thanks, but that's not a solution for my needs -- I can't rely on a web
> server, even one in house.

May I ask why? I have been hosting ISO images for about 7 years now on
linux box running RH 7.3. The server has never gone down except for
scheduled maintenance (once a year). I backup the slice  holding the
ISOs just in case. Though I never I had to use the backup.

I think hosting on a server is way more reliable then burning CD/DVDs.
You can lose CDs, they can walk away or maybe get scratched.

Whereas the "if" a drive goes bad in the RAID5, you just have to
replace it.  No lose of data or downtime.

And it is much more easier to access the media if they are available
on HTTP  then to borrow physical CDs.

saqib
http://www.linkedin.com/in/encryption