DGE-550SX DL2000 dl2k.c freezes on SL5 under load

Jim Houser jabba at aztech.ba.md.us
Wed Jun 27 23:46:19 UTC 2007

> You could always give dlinks driver a try.

>http://support.dlink.com/

ALready tried the D-link driver, but ... your note
made me take a closer look at some things. It turns
out that the D-link driver is "sk98lin" (the original
mature driver for the DGE-550SX) was apparently removed
from the 2.6 kernel somewhere along the way, presumably
for a good reason.

So I looked to see exactly what SL5 was doing and it turns
out to be using the new (beta?)"sky2" driver for the DGE-550SX and
not what I assumed it would use i.e. the "dl2k" driver.

So ... maybe I can convince it to try using dl2k instead
of sky2 for the card. Well, it's a thought. :-)