VNC on RHEL4/RHEL5

Rajesh kanna tr_rajeshkanna at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 1 08:49:23 UTC 2007

Santosh,

   Vncserver setup
server side
============
 Install vnc rpm

$vncserver
passwd:
verify:
xauth:  creating new authority file /home/ora10g/.Xauthority
New 'machinenname:1 (ora10g)' desktop is machinename:1
$vi .vnc/.xstartup
delete/comment  last 3 lines

the file shld contain the following entry
xsetroot -solid grey
exec gnome-session &

$vncserver -kill :1   note: :1 is display session number

$vncserver
passwd:
verify:
xauth:  creating new authority file /home/ora10g/.Xauthority
New 'machinenname:1 (ora10g)' desktop is machinename:1

In windows machine install vnc

use vncviewer

machine-name:1

Hope this helps.