RH EL 5, Oracle Pro*C, asn1.h, i2d_of_void compile problems

Wartnick, James James.Wartnick at bestbuy.com
Tue Jun 19 13:16:33 UTC 2007

I just installed RH 5 and Oracle 10.2.0.3 (I realize Oracle is not yet
supported for RH 5).
Many components of Oracle appear to be working properly. However,
I have some pro*c code that used to work with RH 9 that does not
compile.
The code uses SSL and includes the "ssl.h" header. To demonstrate, I
have a simple
Piece of code below that doesn't use any functionality of pro*c, but
does include the
Header file "ssl.h". When I compile a simple program
with C (below), it compiles fine. However, Oracle's pre-parser (pro*c)
is failing. It seems to be
having issues resolving variables/macros/functions of some sort and I'm
at a loss at how to
Resolve the issue  (I'm having issues weeding through the SSL mess
myself).

Here is the simple program:
----------------------------------
#include<stdlib.h>
#include<stdio.h>
#include<ssl.h>

int
main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
printf("Hello");
}

/home/jwartnic>cc -I/usr/include/openssl test.c
** No errors **

However, when I try pro*c, I get many errors in regards to asn1.h and
the
definition of i2d_of_void and others.

/home/jwartnic>mv test.c test.pc
/home/jwartnic>proc include=\(/usr/include,/usr/include/openssl\)
test.pc

Pro*C/C++: Release 10.2.0.3.0 - Production on Mon Jun 18 22:09:58 2007

Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.

System default option values taken from:
/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/precomp/admin/pcscfg.cfg

Syntax error at line 522, column 2, file /usr/include/openssl/asn1.h:
Error at line 522, column 2 in file /usr/include/openssl/asn1.h
i2d_of_void *i2d;
.1
PCC-S-02201, Encountered the symbol "i2d_of_void" when expecting one of
the foll
owing:

char, const, double, enum, float, int, long, ulong_varchar,
OCIBFileLocator OCIBlobLocator, OCIClobLocator, OCIDateTime,
OCIExtProcContext, OCIInterval, OCIRowid, OCIDate, OCINumber,
OCIRaw, OCIString, short, signed, sql_context, sql_cursor,
struct, union, unsigned, utext, uvarchar, varchar, void,
volatile, a typedef name,
The symbol "enum," was substituted for "i2d_of_void" to continue.

Syntax error at line 523, column 2, file /usr/include/openssl/asn1.h:
Error at line 523, column 2 in file /usr/include/openssl/asn1.h
d2i_of_void *d2i;
.1

<more error messages follow>...

Any help is greatly appreciated.