Move a mail server

Lisa Casey lisa at jellico.com
Thu Jun 21 15:07:46 UTC 2007

Hi,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shankar Jha" <shankar.jha at gmail.com>
To: "General Red Hat Linux discussion list" <redhat-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 4:49 PM
Subject: Re: Move a mail server

> Try this one..
>
> kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.7-10 ro root=*LABEL=/?????*
>

> On 6/21/07, Lisa Casey <lisa at jellico.com> wrote:

At the risk of sounding stupid here...  surely you don't mean for me to put
*LABEL=/?????*   into grub.conf?  The boot error message vI was getting was
No init found. Googling tells me I need to specify in grub.conf which
partition /sbin/init is in. Should I change the line in grub.conf to read:

kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.7-10 ro root=/

I'm afraid to play around with this syntax as I'm concerned that a mistake
will render my machine unbootable. At least now I can boot it on the  old
hardware.

Lisa Casey