using sysstat

Caricofe, Bradley bcaricofe at verisign.com
Tue Jun 26 22:09:36 UTC 2007

> Caricofe, Bradley wrote:
> > Thanks guys, I actually tried iostat and the other commands and
> > received the same "command not found" message.  However I
> just ran an
> > up2date on sysstat and now it's working.  Strange because grepping
> > up2date showed it already there before I updated it.
> > Anyways...thanks much!
>
> >From your original e-mail, you ran...
>
> [root at secure ~]# up2date --showall | grep sysstat
> sysstat-5.0.5-15.0.1.el4.i386

Hey, thanks Jeremy.  The weird thing is, I grepped sysstat and it was
shown as already being installed, however the iostat command didn't
work.  Then I ran up2date -u sysstat, which I figured would install it
if it really wasn't there, and it worked afterwards.  I wonder why
sysstat was showing as installed before I ran up2date, but none of the
commands worked.  It's quite possible that the problem could exist
between the chair and the keyboard.  Thanks again.

- Brad