Network Card Issue

Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com
Thu Jun 28 07:21:39 UTC 2007

I do not think this is the same problem as I am seeing as we have four
other machines that have the same hardware/OS build and also connect to the
same switch in our rack.

Regards

Andrew Bridgeman
|+---------------------------+--------------------------------------------|
||   BERES Laszlo            |                                            |
||   <beres.laszlo at sys-admin.|           To:        General Red Hat Linux |
||   hu>                     |   discussion list <redhat-list at redhat.com> |
||   Sent by:                |           cc:                              |
||   redhat-list-bounces at redh|           Subject:        Re: Network Card |
||   at.com                  |   Issue                                    |
||                           |                                            |
||   28/06/2007 08:06        |                                            |
||   Please respond to       |                                            |
||   General Red Hat Linux   |                                            |
||   discussion list         |                                            |
||                           |                                            |
|+---------------------------+--------------------------------------------|

Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com wrote:

> running at 10Mb/s Full Duplex  but I  do have auto negotiation on so I am
> unsure as to why it is running at such a low speed and not using the card
> at full speed? Any Ideas why before I have a go doing the  command you
> suggested below?

Some kind of interfaces and active devices (switches, routers) can't
negotiate their speed and duplexity automatically, that's called duplex
mismatch. We had the same issue with 3Com cards and Cisco switches.

--
BÉRES László         RHCE, RHCX
senior IT engineer, trainer

This transmission is confidential and must not be used or disclosed by
anyone other than the intended recipient. Neither Corus Group Plc nor
any of its subsidiaries can accept any responsibility for any use or
misuse of the transmission by anyone.

For address and company registration details of certain entities
within the Corus group of companies, please visit
http://www.corusgroup.com/entities