Logon irritation

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Fri Mar 16 16:31:16 UTC 2007

This one's just an irritation, folks. I've got openLDAP running. On that box, and all the others, I've got PAM configured so that system-auth is *all* the same: account, password, etc, have, going down, pam_ldap, then pam_unix, both as sufficient.

On one box, secure and messages showing it apparently hitting pam_unix *first*. Second entry of the password works.

RHEL 4. Any ideas why? One of my users has the same thing happen when he logs onto one box - actually, the LDAP server box. None of us have local logins, except on the box that houses everyone's home direcotry (they're remote mounted on all the others).

      mark