Something Blocking Port 14441

Sean McGlynn sean_mcglynn at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 28 12:31:39 UTC 2007

Hello,

We have a RHEL4 box that we're trying to configure a backup solution on.  There is a component that is trying to use port 14441 and cannot (we get a connection refused message).  When we attempt to telnet to the server's ip address using port 14441 we get a connection refused.  Yet the firewall is disabled on this server (system-config-securitylevel shows disabled).  What else might be blocking port 14441?

Thank you.