Dual booting redhat and XP question

Dave Martini 1 martini1 at llnl.gov
Thu Mar 1 23:09:51 UTC 2007

I have a Dell with a single 73 gig disk drive I want to have XP and RHEL
4 on it.

My question is when I install XP first how do I setup the partitioning?
I've read where the first
1024 cylinders should be FAT32 and this will be for XP of up to 6GB. Is
this required or can I setup each partion as
NTFS?

Does the Linux boot partition have to be in the first 1024 cylinders?
Will an NFTS partition be able to load the Linux boot loader?

How sould I edit my grub.conf so that I can pick which OS I want to boot?

Thank You
Dave Maritni
LLNL