Dual booting redhat and XP question

dbrett at tcn.net dbrett at tcn.net
Thu Mar 1 23:45:15 UTC 2007

the way i do this is start the redhat installation.  I when i get to the
partition of the disc, I set it up as follows
boot
swap
linux
windows

The size of these partitons depends on disc memory and personal
preference.  I also make the windows partition the active partition

Once the Redhat installation gets past the partitioning, I reboot and
start the windows installation.  I would recommend formating the windows
partition with windows.  Once this is complete redo the Redhat
installation.

During the Redhat installation it will give the choice of adding starting
other OS's and which one is the default to start up.

Becareful at the partitioning during installation

The nice thing about this process is, it is possible reinstall windows
without loosing the Redhat installation or going through this process
again.

david