RHel v4 dont boot!!!

aix tiger aix_tiger at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 3 12:26:48 UTC 2007

Guys

I am newbie for RHEL, using RHEL V4 update 2 with lvm-2 ( mainly ext3 filesystems).

Now my server got crashed due to power failure and while rebooting it got stuck up... saying errors

fsck.ext3: No such file or directory ..error mounting /dev/Volgroup00/lv03

I got into maintaience mode and run fsck and then tried to mount it , but fail....

what should i do to recover my system ... i tried many times but not sucessfull .. please guide me!!!

I , even , booted from Linux CD and gone into rescue mode and ran fsck , but still not success. Another thing is that when i run parted command in single user mode , it shows both partitions while i list partitions ( but it shows ext3 type for only one partition ) while the partition which is facing problem , is displayed without any filesystem type.

It seems that this partition has lost its type memory....

Still this partition does not contain any critical data...but kindly tell me how i can skip mounting this filesystem??? and boot the machine....

  Regrads