DST patch for RedHat Linux

Young, Mike Mike.Young at atosorigin.com
Tue Mar 6 14:13:20 UTC 2007

I got this response from inode0 a while back:

Q: (Redhat Mailing List) Does anyone know how to make a custom /etc/localtime file on Red Hat in preparation for the upcoming DST changes (March 11)? I have some older Red Hat builds (circa 7.x), and I cannot find any glibc patches with the newer time zone information. On other *nix flavors they are flat files, and can be edited with vi, but with Red Hat they are binary.