System Monitoring Tool

Chris St. Pierre stpierre at NebrWesleyan.edu
Tue Mar 6 14:38:00 UTC 2007

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007, Nilesh wrote:

> Thanks for your valuable replies, I have install
> Nagios with
> default configuration now I want to monitor the
> Apache, VSFTP server but I am not able to monitor the
> services.

Nagios can check both HTTP and FTP services.  See the 'commands.cfg'
file for a list of check commands you can use.

You might want to check out nagiosexchange.com; it has several
PHP-based web configurators that can significantly simplify the
process of creating your initial Nagios config.

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator
Nebraska Wesleyan University
Never send mail to thobrux at nebrwesleyan.edu