DST patch for RedHat Linux

Michael Weiner hunter at userfriendly.net
Tue Mar 6 14:39:37 UTC 2007

On 3/6/07, Dana Holland <dana.holland at navarrocollege.edu> wrote:

> Has anyone seen any links to making the modifications to RedHat 8?  We
> aren't going to have time to upgrade the server before this weekend.

Dana -

This is really as simple as grabbing a tzdata source RPM, rebuilding it on
one of your RHL-8 boxes and installing the resultant binary RPM and best to
reboot to ensure all services are gracefully stopped/restarted to allow the
change to be effective. Then you can test with either zdump or rolling the
date forward/back.

I did a slew of our Psyche release boxes this past week and they seem to be
fine - without upgrading glibc which really needs to be done, but i will
wait to just upgrade the box or retire as time allows. If you really need, i
can supply a source or even a binary RPM you can use
for those rhl-8 systems.

HTH
Michael Weiner