Firewall rules and VPN

ron postmaster at ronno.nl
Tue Mar 6 23:30:19 UTC 2007

Hello Omar,

I assume you mean you have a VPN over PPTP with Windows machine those
using data transport via the GRE 47 protocol port 1723.
This is mostly used by Cisco VPN's.

I think the problem lays in your kernel, by default your kernel isn't
compiled for it.
There are packages at sourceforge PPTP project ( "sourceforge.pptp.org"
I thought) you need to compile the kernel for supporting this GRE47
protocol.
This project will help you to follow the steps, the docs are very clear.

Success
Ron