RHEL5 differences in versions?

Paul Dekkers Paul.Dekkers at surfnet.nl
Sat Mar 17 16:31:28 UTC 2007

Hi,

Cristian Silva wrote:
> from what i understand
>
> rhel5 server is similar to rhel4 es
>
> rhel5 advanced server is similar to rhel4 as

I guess that's not true; with my (previous) AS subscription I'm only
entitled to the guest-limited Virtualization options offered in the
non-advanced server and I don't have the storage, cluster and unlimited
virtualization. So I guess that the previous ES and AS are now equal,
and the advanced server is something extra (like the previous cluster
suite included, unlimited guests, ...).

Can't tell about the desktop offerings (but I must say that it doesn't
look easier to me - while I thought this was the intention with RHEL5).

Paul