(S)tart and (K)ill Scripts

Sean McGlynn sean_mcglynn at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 23 12:39:14 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am trying to set up a service to be started and stopped using the appropriate run levels.  I have the script to start and stop the service in /etc/rc.d/init.d, and I have created a symlink in /etc/rc.d/rc3.d named S99sas and a symlink in /etc/rc.d/rc0.d and rc6.d named K00sas, both pointing to the script in /etc/rc.d/init.d.  The start portion of the script runs, evidenced by the fact that the service is running once the server finishes booting, but the kill portion does not seem to run, which I am concluding because there is a file copy that is supposed to happen during the stop portion of the script that does not happen.

Is there something else I am supposed to do to get the kill/stop portion to run?

Thank you.