secondary DNS probem

sylvan dacounha sylvan_2804 at yahoo.com
Wed May 16 14:39:48 UTC 2007

Dear All,

  I have a REDHAT box running bind and been working fine for last few months.
  this server was hosting my other other local domains also which were all workin fine

  i installed a new redhat machine with bind to be a secondary or slave named server a week ago as per the documentation .
   so if my primary server goes down  all my clients and the inrternet users can still access my my web sites.

  Now when i restart my primary i c the zones gettin transferred to my secondary DNS which i newly setup and when i do a nslookup goin into the server for internet sites ex: www.yahoo.com it does not resolve them

  but the sites hosted in my netwrok im able to resolve them fine

  here the details

  my master name server                .. ns1.kmun.gov.kw    ----  IP 62.150.152.1
   slave server which new installed   .. ns2.kmun.gov.kw -------  IP 62.150.152.2

  if i go to server ns1.kmun.gov.kw or the ip i can resolve both the internet sites as well as my local domain ...

  appreciate ur help

  thnks and Regards

  simon