RHEL 4 with HP ML150 G3 install problem: two drives displayed instead the raid drive

Salvador Santander Gutierrez salvador.santander at juntadeandalucia.es
Tue May 22 16:59:22 UTC 2007

Hello list.

We've a problem installing RHEL 4 U5 in a HP Proliant ML150 G3. It seems to be a problem with the raid controller, because when we want partition the disk, two drives appears instead of one (only the logical raid 1 drive). The raid 1 has been created and verified.

In the installation notes we've seen that to get RHEL 4 installation recognize the driver, we have to use linux dd command at the prompt of installation but we didn´t find how to make the driver disk and tell with the 'linux dd' command where to find the driver.

We basically needs how to:

- make the driver disk
- sintaxis of linux dd command

Or another solution if you know how to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.