Installing Fedora on USB External Hard-drive?

Michael J. Yanowitz yanowitzmjy at yahoo.com
Mon May 28 12:19:39 UTC 2007

Hello:

   In installed Fedora Core 6 on an external USB
hard-drive 80 GB Western Digital Passport.
   However, I am unable to boot into it. I did
set my BIOS so that I can boot into a USB drive
but it has no effect.
   Even System Commander has difficulty finding it.
   Is there some trick I am missing to enable it
to boot?
   Or do I need some other software to enable it?
   Or if none of the above? Have you had any luck
with any small external hard-drives? And if so
which one(s)?
   Or is there a Fedora-like distribution which
can boot on external USB hard-drives?

Thanks in advance:
Michael Yanowitz