Hp - linux X-Application

Padiyath Sreekumaran kumar.padiyath at psi.ch
Tue May 15 12:38:17 UTC 2007

Hi,
Many thanks for your fast answer. Since we have got Tru64
Systems I did the following on that machine.

1. login on Tru64
2. xhost +
3. telnet hp0000
4. TERM=xterm(during logging)
5. setenv DISPLAY tru64:0
6. xclock
    This worked beautifully. In our internal network we donot have No
Firewall.
    When I execute the following command on tru64, I see the port number
6000

    netsta -a|grep 6000

tcp        0      0  *.6000                    *.*
LISTEN

  When I execute the following command on hp after logging from tru64
via telnet
  I get an error:

  % X -query tru64
   Fatal server error:
Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't
already running

   Eventhough it gives error I can run xclock application.

   If I do the above steps from Linux to hp

 1.login on linux
 2.xhost +
 3.telnet hp0000
 4.TERM=xterm
 5.setenv DISPLAY linux:0
 6.xclock
    Then I get an Error : can not open Display: linux:0

   netstat -a|grep 6000 gives only the user prompt back on linux which
is different on Tru64.How can I open this port
   on linux just for a test? I get the same error as given above for "X
-query linux" command.
   I think this is a problem on linux configuration.
   Regards,
   Kumar