Server Room

Manuel Arostegui Ramirez manuel at todo-linux.com
Wed May 23 10:23:55 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 23 May 2007 12:12:29 Herta Van den Eynde wrote:

> Why 15ºC ?  Most ICT equipment have net operating temperatures
> significantly above that value.  15ºC  sounds like a waste of energy
> to cool to a temperature that you don't really need.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Herta
Yeah, I do know that already, but If I were about mounting a server room I'd
not want to try to reach that maximum temperature.

At least, here in Spain, in summer it's quite easy to have high temperatures
especially in summer, so having 15ºC everyday will make your networks
equipment to do not suffer too much.

For instance you know that your processor can, for sure, resist to
temperatures above 60ºC, don't you? But I'm sure you might not want to have
it at 60ºC every single day, right?
Just my 2 cents!

All the best.
--