Configuring IPW220 on RHEL5

Jason Riker jasonrkr at charter.net
Fri May 25 23:08:51 UTC 2007

Group,

Hello everyone!  :-)

I'm on a fresh install of RHEL 5.  My laptop is an HP Pavilion dv9035nr
with a built-in IPW2200 wifi card.  How do I setup this card?  On
openSUSE and Foresight Linux the card is automatically configured so I
don't have to do anything.

I checked RHN and found the firmware for the 2200, which I installed,
but it still doesn't seem to recognize the card.  I saw some .rpms for
an ipw3945 card and was wondering if those should be installed too?  At
this point I just don't know and could use some help.

Thank you.

Jason