Processor Usage and Long Running Processor Checks

Furnish, Trever G TGFurnish at herffjones.com
Wed May 30 01:20:06 UTC 2007

Check out sar (or lvmsa* if you're using lvm).

Long-running processes are much easier to spot than short-lived
processes, since short-lived processes may not even exist during any of
your samples, but may still eat most of the system resources.

For real process monitoring you probably need a commercial tool like
Prognosis. :-(