Memory Utilization

Nilesh niluforalways at yahoo.com
Wed May 30 14:02:21 UTC 2007

Hello All,

I have installed the JDK 1.5 and Tomcat on Linux, When
I start the Tomcat the memory utilization of tomcat is
40MB and after some clicks its increase to 45 mb and
then its keep increasing but in windows it doesnot
happen even if the tomcat in idle condition the memory
goes down but in linux case its not flush the memory
size, could any one please tell me what is the right
solution.

at Starting time :

[retaildriver at Centos ~]$ ps -eo
rss,pmem,pcpu,comm,user | grep java
41296  4.0  0.0 java            retaildriver

After some time 2 hr or in idle condition :

[retaildriver at Centos ~]$ ps -eo
rss,pmem,pcpu,comm,user | grep java
82243  8.2  0.0 java            retaildriver